As a self-confessed beauty junkie, it’s fair to say I have an unceremonious amount of skincare and cosmetics products stashed in my foundation-stained boudoir. Whilst most people can go a day or two without obsessing over the latest edition to MAC’s exponential eyeshadow collection, I find it hard to get through an hour.
With this in mind, crafting my curated collection of must-have products for 2015 wasn’t difficult. The products shown above are my current lust-worthy favourites, but they haven’t yet gained entry into my exclusive ‘lifetime member’ club.
Let’s begin with the rose gold Zoeva make-up brushes; the brand has exploded onto the cosmetics scene and these brushes are by far my absolute favourite to date. Although I haven’t stacked up a collection of Sigma brushes (yet), these Zoeva equivalents can easily run rings around the likes of MAC and Real Techniques. You can also see that I’ve included Laura Mercier Foundation Primer and it really is a sensational primer. Think a silky finish with just enough texture to hold down your make-up for hours. Lastly, I’ve added in the No7 Star Nail Polish Bauble – a Christmas gift, this delightful polish lasts for hours and gives intense pigmentation in the finest cranberry colour. Love it.
Current favourites aside, I’ve included below the 5 products that I guarantee I’ll still be raving about in January 2016:
1. Forget having to endlessly powder your T-Zone throughout the day with this wonder product, Urban Decay de-slick Makeup Setting Spray will hold your face in place all day – perfect if you have combination skin like me.
2. Nobody ever dismissed a radiant and healthy glow, and you shouldn’t dismiss the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish cleanser based on its price tag. My skin feels smooth and deeply-cleansed and continuous use will offer serious complexion benefits.
3. Not one that I ever thought I’d fall in love with, Eyeko Skinny Liner in Black has become my a go-to in my daily make-up routine. It’s the easiest eyeliner to use and comes in the iconic ‘felt-tip’ style – pop it on with mascara if you wear glasses in the day for a sleek alternative to a kohl and eyeshadow combo.
4. I can safely say that Double Wear foundation has become a Holy Grail for me, but it’s the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in 2.0 that deserves its place here. Offering more radiance than its matte-finish superior, this light-reflecting version of the foundation classic is perfect for a natural look that still provides coverage.
5. A cult classic, Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse deserves a place in any beauty top five, let alone just mine. I run this through the ends of my hair for some much-needed TLC but you can apply this to your hands, nails and face.