Love it or loathe it, Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and you’ll be sure to spot heart-shaped balloons and boxes of Cadbury’s chocolates wherever you turn this week. The supermarkets are stocked with frivolous gifts and the only fashionable colour on the highstreet seems to be red. And whilst Valentine’s Day should be a day we all look forward to, the run-up generally splits us girls into two camps – you’ll find the loved-up ladies who’re brimming with excitement to spend a romantic day with their partners, but also those of us who are positively dreading spending an evening alone watching Love, Actually and eating a ready meal for one.
I’m lucky enough to be spending my Valentine’s Day having dinner with my boyfriend but I’ve also spent previous Valentine’s Days with friends and family, or just alone. Whatever you’re doing this February 14th though, here’s some outfit inspiration to see you through your day – because, whatever you do, dressing up always makes it more fun.
(from l-r, top to bottom):
- Steal the show in this Coral Bandeau Dress, £55 River Island, a sure-fire winner whether you’re off on a hot date or partying the night away with your BFFs
- Amp up the volume on any outfit with this gorgeous Box Clutch, £85 Coast – it’s perfect for popping your essentials in whilst you’re out on the town
- Designed to smarten up any outfit, don’t look past this Black Blazer, £29.99 H&M which will create a gorgeous silhouette on all figures
- It’s not all about dresses, you know! A pretty Lace Shirt, £42 Lipsy is both feminine and flattering and will work so well with a pair of black jeans
- If you’re after something that’s against the norm, opt for a statement one-piece like this Asymmetric Jumpsuit, £45 Miss Selfridge
- Valentine’s Day wouldn’t feel quite right without some special lingerie. I adore this subtly sexy Lace Bralet, £14 River Island
- Show your exes just how fierce you are in this Leopard-Print Skirt, £35 Topshop – if it’s good enough for Cara Delevingne…
- They’re prototypically Valentine’s Day but still oh so pretty, these Suede Courts, £42 Topshop are a must-have wherever you’re spending your evening
- As the day is always associated with jewellery, set the bar higher with something different like this Embellished Headband, £12 Warehouse – it’s sure to turn heads
What are you going to be wearing this Valentine’s Day? I’m going for high-waisted black Joni jeans, a leopard-print boxy top and peplum blazer. Hopefully it’ll be finished off with some new jewellery 😉 *hint, hint*