An inviting forest green hue has swept through the colour palette in every high street store’s window display this Autumn, and it’s set to be the shade of the season. As we’re used to browsing through coordinated clusters of black, grey and navy clothing in Autumn, a new addition is definitely welcome. Just as camel burst onto the scene a few years ago – and has made it abundantly clear that it’s here to stay – it’s festive forest green that’ll be tempting you into that extra splurge this season. Colouring it’s way through coats, jackets, purses and skirts, here’s my edit of some of the best pieces of clothing showing off the shade this AW15.
- If you want to step out in style, go bold with Topshop’s velvet court shoes. They’re steep at £60, but they make a real statement in an iconic, classic style.
- Oasis have brought out their coat of the season with this forest green car coat, £98 – I challenge you to find a coat that offers a more flattering silhouette than this.
- Another Oasis find, this jewel-embellished jumper, £35 is a lovely, luxe piece of knitwear that suits all skin tones.
- Topshop have upped the ante with this unique faux hur hybrid coat – warm, furry and a real style statement, £79 isn’t such a stretch.
- An easy piece to wear, River Island’s layered midi dress, £35 adds AW15’s go-to shade to a simple shape.
- Warehouse have updated the iconic cross-body bag with this gorgeous croc effect satchel, £32.
- Feminine and directional, this belted jumpsuit, £75 from Atterley, is contemporary, unique and fashion-forward.
- If you only want to hint at the trend, a pom pom beanie like this £14 Topshop variety is an easy way to incorporate the colour into your AW15 wardrobe…
- …but if you’re after the complete opposite, give this Yumi leather look pencil skirt, £32 a whirl.
I’m totally besotted with this new hue; as a true advocate of all things Autumn and Winter, warm, festive shades are my wardrobe staples – be that black, burgundy or berry. I’ve now got a new shade to shop, so that makes me quite excited. I’ve actually already bought the Oasis car coat, however I opted for the camel shade before I saw this lust-worthy forest green alternative. Expect to see me adding those courts and that satchel to my wardrobe very soon, though.
What do you think of this forest green shade – is it the new contemporary, or too old-fashioned for you? Do you like these pieces, or have you seen something much better? Let me know in the comments below!